Interfaith Hospitality of Greater Rochester (Minnesota), IHN for short, is a network of volunteers from 49 faith communities who offer food and shelter to families who find themselves homeless.
IHN offers these families the basic necessities of life food, shelter and security while they are going through their personal crisis. We give them a chance to regroup, rejuvenate and then get back on their feet with dignity.
The network operates 365 days a year and has room for 14 people. Host churches host families for a week at a time. Buddy and support churches supply volunteers to help serve the families.
2011 Year End Statistics…
- Served 29 families/86 individuals/31 adults/55 children/25 under 5
- 5882 meals served/ 814 nights lodging/ 2330 beds
- 787 volunteers provided 13,971 hours of service
- 304 volunteers attended training in 2011
- In-kind donations: $367,111.00